I'm well aware of blacklight power and I unreservedly salute Mills and others
for their brave fight against prejudiced academic opponents.  It's the sort of
technology that could save our civilization and change political dynamics for
the better.

That said, there are still hurdles.  Can a blacklight unit be made small enough
to power a car or are we still talking about needing a really good battery?!
Cheap electricity is good but not enough by itself.

There is also the fact that entrenched interests may stall or try to stop any
technology that ends the profitable dependence of consumers.  It may be a
longer battle than any of us would like, even if a breakthrough emerges..  Cold
Fusion?  Maybe you're really a terrorist trying to make fissionable materials.
Do you have chemicals in your house/lab?  Maybe you're really setting up a drug
lab.  Maybe you'll have a heart attack just before a critical moment.  Maybe
you'll die in an 'unrelated' murder that authorities will never pin down. Maybe
the SEC needs to investigate your finances.

I would point out that when Ralph Nader exposed the Corvair, GM's reaction was
not to fix the car but rather to hire investigators to get something on him.
This is the same mindset that transported EV-1 cars out to the desert to have
them crushed far away from protestors. It is not paranoia to anticipate subtle
opposition from moneyed interests.

Long live Randall Mills!

..