It seems to me that there are, for our purposes here, two very different
"politics."

There is political commentary dealing with the world at large. Sometimes it
is informed commentary, sometimes it is rant, and sometimes it is mere
labeling and insult.

And then there is the 'politics' of CF, or other technologies/science.

If CF has been preoccupied over the last 20 years with anything, it is the
political dimension of how it recovers from a false linguistic and
professional start, how it reestablishes itself within the normal world of
science, how it finds funding and manages its overall evolution, how it
attracts additional scientists and labs, and how it presents itself to the
functions of governance, venture capital, and the general public.

I would guess that the CF community here in Vortex-l would like to be able
to discuss the political aspects of CF per se, and I would like to seek
clarification of this from William Beaty.

Is my interpretation of what is and what is not acceptable here, correct?

Regards to all,

Lawrence