At 06:33 PM 9/3/2009, Michel Jullian wrote:

Indeed, thanks for the most interesting summary, Abd! So you have now
logically decided to see by yourself whether CF is real or not?

Well, I'm pretty well convinced, from the published evidence, that it's real. However, that conclusion isn't actually important, it merely explains why I'd try this idea rather than something else.

And it finesses the problem, because it doesn't matter if it's real or not, what's important is to find out, and not just for me to find out, because I'll only be here for a few years, but for everyone to find out.

So that, on one hand, the "diehards" among us, if it's not real, might spend more time with our grandchildren, and, on the other, if it is real, our grandchildren and on and on will have either cheap power or at least better science.

I still don't know if it's going to be cheap power, it is not intrinsic that LENR can be scaled up, except possibly in certain cases. For example, if Vyosotskii's technique of transmuting radioisotopes into stable elements using certain bacterial or yeast cultures actually works, that could be scaled....

We are not going to get the massive funding probably needed for serious exploration of scaling up the technology until we can see small, reliable demonstrations of LENR effects.

If I just wanted to prove to myself that CF works, I could visit some labs. But what I'm aiming for is much bigger than that. Small, but big.