Masturbate?
Seriously though there is so much that could be done if the resources
existed, you mention a Star Trek future but who is to figure out, build and
fly the space ships?
Who is going to figure out how to live extra long? or undo the damage that
has been done to the environment?

There is plenty of stuff to be done that has much greater purpose than the
jobs people do today.