Hi,
[snip]
>Speaking of real demos of CANR chain reactions ... in fact a very old demo
>with a high death toll...
>
>IOW, speaking of nuclear "triggers" in the historical sense ... which could
>be exactly on point to this subject - via the uber-secret project that led a
>few experts at Los Alamos to the realization that deuterium is chemically
>active for nuclear reactions ... i.e. when rapidly mixed with the proper
>ingredient (photon activated chlorine) D2 can release copious neutrons,
>which can be used (and were) as a trigger...
>
>...that is the one major "secret" from the Manhattan project that was fairly
>well kept - the " Kistiakowsky trigger", but as I have opined  before, the
[snip]
Note that according to Mills in his paper
http://www.blacklightpower.com/papers/Commercializable%20Paper%20101409.pdf HCl
is a Mills catalyst. The reaction D2 + Cl => D + DCl would produce lots of D
atoms which could then be shrunk with the help of the catalytic DCl. Once
severely shrunken D atoms combined to form shrunken D molecules, the D-D
reaction D + D => He3 + n could produce neutrons.

The photo activation helps by ensuring a large population of D and Cl atoms.

(The reaction D + Cl2 => DCl + Cl also takes place).

See also the Scragg patents (http://www.rexresearch.com/scragg/scragg.htm)  e.g.
US patent 4,024,715.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk