Stephen A. Lawrence wrote:

> Since when are "leaked emails" a source of anything except noise?
>
> What reason is there for believing that a "leaked" email which supports
> the agenda of the one who "reveals" it is not a actually a *forged*
> email?

They are real. Quoting Eugene Robinson:

"Phil Jones, the head of the Climatic Research Unit, released a statement
Wednesday saying, 'My colleagues and I accept that some of the published
e-mails do not read well.' That would be an example of British
understatement."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/25/AR2009112503608.htm

I agree with Robinson that these e-mails do not prove global warming is a
hoax. As I said, that would be like saying the duplicity on the part of
plasma fusion scientists in their attacks on cold fusion prove that Tokamaks
do not work.

These e-mails prove what I learned back in high school and college: that
many professors and researchers are jerks.