>> The news that Steorn is advertising their own failure on Al Jazerra is
> mind boggling.
>>
>> What to make of this? Are these people extremely clever and using
> reverse psychology? Or are they what they appear to be: stupid,
>> incoherent, and flapping around trying one scheme after another, like a
> candidate about to lose an election in a landslide?
>>
>> Here is my hypothesis Ver. 3.42: They are trying to give over-unity
> energy research a bad reputation. Someone, somewhere knows that magic
> magnetic motors really do work. This person wants to suppress the
> technology. So they are working preemptively to make everyone think
> these motors are the worst scam imaginable, with zero credibility to 5
> significant decimal places.
>>
>> Just kidding.
>
> If you extend the intention of "giving of bad reputation" to the entire
> field of alternative energy research (includind Cold Fusion, by example)
> that start to sound more like a credible hypothesis.
>
> And also consider that maybe they are trying to make alternative energy
> INVESTORS to look like fools, and make them spend their money in a bogus
> project, so they don't invest it in a real one, and are afraid to invest
> in another in the future.
> Big PR tactics Steorn is taking since its very beginning, are compatible
> with both of these potential objectives.

Maybe is even simpler than that: It's a scam, plain and simple. And they
can't care less about alternative energy, new technologies, or whathever.
If the business of selling Moon parcels where growing, they would be
selling Moon land, with authentic certificates of ownership, maps, planned
trips and all that.
I've certainly seen this kind of high level frauds in the past, in the
Software & IT industry.
The setup goes something like this:
- You choose a field that is promising, growing, new, exciting; whatever.
- You think of a new, revolutionary invention. The idea doesn't need to be
very good, but if it's good, and specially if it can even work in the end,
better then.
- You setup a company to develop the idea. You hire the best programmers,
graphic designers, PR people, engineers, etc. and pay them a very good
salary. Way up the market value. Let's say, the double of the market
value.
- Setup an office in the better comercial district of the city, with
luminous offices, a big meeting room, conference and demo rooms, sexy
secretaries and receptionists, the best equipment, etc.
- Your work from now on, and also the work of your employees(although at
the beginning they don't know it), is to attract investors.

To be a successful bussiness, a main condition must be met: the project
never, ever, must be finished. Always something must be lacking. The user
interface is not as good as should be. The project is technically almost
finished, but maybe a redevelopment before deployment is a good idea. The
fonts, and particularly, the background design and colors and just not the
ones the management wanted. Etc. A big list of etceteras.
You can't fail, because you have the best team of professionals, the idea
is revolutionary, it is commercially viable, the market wants it, etc. You
just need a little bit more time, and a little bit more money, to finish
it and make it as good as the project really demands.

And so it goes. When employees get tired of working in these
conditions(working as well paid scammers, in the end), they can just quit,
with a good compensation and a recomendation, of course.

When investors get tired, they simply aren't patient enough. They don't
trust the project and the ideas behind it, have not enough faith, distrust
the management and the decisions it takes, etc.

Investors usually left after some time, embarrased and in so much shame
that they don't reclaim nothing, don't initiate demands, etc.
In the end, they knew from the very beginning that it was a risky
investment, so there's nothing to complain about.
And the project is almost ready, just a little more time and money are
needed to really finish it up, and it will be as good as it really
deserves to be. These investors, in the end, with their doubts and lack of
faith, are putting the project in danger. So, in the end it's better if
they leave. New ones will appear, surely.

You maintain this business as long as you can, and when things are
starting to get murky(really murky) and "profits" are falling, you
suddenly fire all your employeess, close offices, and disappear in your
private jet, to have a well deserved recess in your private island.

Come to think of it, a perpetual motion machine is the ideal project for
these kind of business. And now that the world is turning "green", time is
ripe.

Best regards,
Mauro