Mauro,

> Suppose for a moment that both Mills hydrino, and Guglinski neutron are
> correct models, defining in some cases the same underlying physical reality,
> and in other cases not, or at least, not necessarily. Then the following
> question arises: What differentiates a Guglinsky neutron from a Mills hydrino
> [at max redundancy], and also from an Hydrogen atom?

Basically, one can suggest that there two or more similar species of neutral
particle with a mass near one amu. Without attempting to take a stab at
answering the related problems of that viewpoint in full, let me say it raises
an issue that has been in back of my mind for some time wrt the isotope of
oxygen 18-O and its surprising abundance, given that 16O is "so perfect" in
many ways from the nuclear isotope perspective.

BTW - 18O may be an unappreciated reactant in LENR, especially Mizuno-type glow
discharges, and/or other HV regimes - depending on the source of the heavy
water. This 18 amu isotope of oxygen is 15 times more common in water molecules
than is deuterium, for instance, and its abundance in "cool environments" could
be an anomaly in itself, considering the remarkable nuclear stability of 16O
and the difference in the stellar ratio, compared to earth - that too is an
anomaly. In seawater, there are 5 atoms of 18-O per 1000 atoms of 16-O which is
half a percent. The ratio can be much higher in "fossil ice" given a slight
difference in boiling point.

In fact, it has been said that if you buy heavy water from an unreliable
sources (let's say from Asia) then it may indeed have an atomic mass of 20 but
contain almost no Deuterium !

Guglinski’s basic model of neutron n= p+e is far from new except perhaps for
the ‘helical trajectory,’ as there are similar models from others. In another
post today, it was suggested that we start a compilation of the various
viewpoints on this. If we bifurcate the issue into the proposition that there
are at least "two basic varieties" of neutral 1-amu particle - essentially one
type that only resides within the nucleus, and the other which can reside
comfortably just outside the geometrical limits of the nucleus, then it may be
easier to get a handle on a number of issues.

One of which is the reason for this post - as it relates to the conversion of
normal water vapor in the upper atmosphere, directly into 18-O via high energy
photon or cosmic ray. That would be a possible mechanism for the surprising
abundance of 18O in Earth's oceans.

BTW the electron antineutrino, when adsorbed or shed, may effectively convert
one variety of "neutron" into the other (if the hypothesis of two or more is
correct).

Anyway, more on this after the Holidays.

Jones