ONCE AGAIN:  Half-reading/inperpretation of the 'research-data' leads to a
likely

incorrect REVERSE SUPPOSITION & subsequent MIS-APPLICATION/Mis-focus of
subsequent

research efforts which will thusly tend to lead to MIS-MEDICATION(expensive)
and prolongued suffering(extremely expensive by implication of being multiplied
by 'time' & 'non-improvement &/or minimal therapeutive effectiveness; while
providing 'just-enough' relief to rationalize continuing the ongoing
'expensive' folly ad infinitum cum muertos).

Just a thought.

* * * It would be 'more correct' to say that--->"Research has shown that those
individuals

who 'carry' the herpes-simplex-virus and exhibit the symptoms of cold-sores
&/or shingles &/or

who 'do not' tend to build sufficient 'anti-viral antigen-markers & subsequent
T-cell' immunites

to this virus; subsequently 'may' tend to build the types of brain-plaques that
'may' lead to Alzheimer's symtoms.

HOWEVER:  For those individuals whose immune systems DO-TEND to build strong
antigen/antibody

anti-viral immune response to the Herpes-simplex-I virus RATHER IN OPPOSITE;
then 'may' tend gain an IMMUNE-RESISTENCE both to the Herpes-Simplex-I  virus &
ALZHEIMERS as well thrown into the bargain.

If further research indicates this favorable  VACCINATION-trait of the HS-I
virus relative to Alzheimers; then subsequent EFFECTIVE-ANTIVIRAL agents to the
HS-I virus MAY lead to joinly effective developement of a vaccine against both
HS-I & Alzheimers.  Thusly ATTENUATED HS-I VIRUS/&/concurrent ANTI-VIRAL
therapy 'might' be used as an EFFECTIVE MEANS TO COMBAT(vaccinate against)
ALZHEIMERS.

Classically our first successful vaccines against SMALLPOX were merely effected
by applying the scratch-application/innoculation technique(crude/basic; but
effective) to apply relatively harmless(but Small-Pox closely related) COWPOX
virus; and that was easily echeived by simply using as serum, the 'pustule
fluid' from a currently COWPOX infected individual.  It worked quite well.

But currently we are 'so-repelled' by the 'idea' of intentionally being
'contaminated' by even 'attenuated' HERPES VIRUS that we are likely looking
more toward exotic techniques such as gene-therapy/gene-splicing to come up
with a more HIGH-TECH(and expensive) solution.

But some of our 'originally discovered' vaccination techniques as simple as
Cowpox-Smallpox may as yet have 'not entirely' lost their relatively effective
'charm.'

BUT METHINKS that 'anti-virals' hold the 'key' to dealing with such as
Alzheimers/Lou Gerig's/MS/Parkinsons and other 'neuron-disintegrative(maybe
mylin-atropheing also)' conditions.  That's just a 'hunch.'

Ciao; Jack Harbach O'Sullivan

> From: hheff...@mtaonline.net
> Subject: Re: [Vo]:Alzheimer's and herpes zoster should be studied.
> Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 06:37:50 -0900
> To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
>

> On Mar 6, 2010, at 9:43 PM, Harry Veeder wrote:
>
> > Nice study. Hope it holds up.
>
> What would be nice to discover is that a Shingles vaccination could
> reduce or delay the onset of Alzheimer's for a substantial percent of
> the population, say 15 percent or more.
>

> [snip]
>
> > one data point:
> > I know someone who had shingles about 14 years ago, but he has not
> > developed Alzheimer's.
> >

> > Possibly a new method of detecting Alzheimer's:
> >
> > Eye test that spots Alzheimer's 20 years before symptoms: Middle-
> > aged could be screened at routine optician's visit
> >
> > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1243181/Simple-eye-test-
> > Alzheimers-catch-disease-crucial-early-stage.html
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/ycgesjs
> >

> > Harry
>

> There is a well known genetic predisposition factor in Alzheimer's.
>

> > On Mar 5, 2010, at 1:38 AM, Horace Heffner wrote:
> >> The relationship between Alzheimer's and herpes zoster should be
> >> studied. A solid link between herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV1 and
> >> Alzheimer's has been found. See:
> >>
> >> "Cold Sore Virus Linked To Alzheimer's Disease: New Treatment, Or
> >> Even Vaccine Possible":
> >>
> >> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081207134109.htm
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/5ujyxx
> >>

> In regards to HSV1, the above reference explicitly states: "The team
> had discovered much earlier that the virus is present in brains of
> many elderly people and that in those people with a specific genetic
> factor, there is a high risk of developing Alzheimer's disease."
>
> For this reason there should be a large percentage of the population
> that does not develop Alzheimer's regardless their history - those
> who do not have the genetic predisposition.
>
> I suggested Shingles may play a direct role, or possibly a role in
> the onset of Alzheimer's, and a survey may be useful in indicating
> whether such a link exists. The viral DNA found in the plaque is
> that of HSV1. That indicates an HSV1 vaccine, once developed, may be
> effective in preventing the disease. Meanwhile, if Singles does
> indeed play a role in the onset of the disease, merely obtaining a
> Shingles vaccination, which is recommended by authorities for those
> over 60 anyway, may prevent the onset of Alzheimer's in a significant
> percentage of the population.
>
> Thanks for posting that new Alzheimer's screening test information.
> I hope that becomes commonly available soon. It sounds like it should
> work for more than just Alzheimer's. It should determine the
> existence of other forms of dementia as well.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Horace Heffner
> http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/

Send us your Hotmail stories and be featured in our newsletter
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/