Jed,

A rather detailed demonstration of the 50 kW burst reactor has been on the
website for months. Just go to the home page and click on the boxes and you
will get Jansson demonstrating the whole thing. Keep clicking and you will
find reports by Rowan staff on the chemistry. The limitation is that it is
one pulse and then regeneration of the chemical charge by adding hydrogen.
This takes energy and mechanism and arrays of reactors cells to get
continuous output. Analogous to a a multi-cylinder ICE. Engineering studies
of two approaches are also on the website.

BLP's problem is that bench chemistry shows that the catalyst cycle can be
regenerated, the physical form after the reaction is not the same as before,
so mechanism and energy is involved in the regeneration. Plus, water has to
electrolyzed to get additional hydrogen. All this is outlined on the home
page and detailed in the "What's New" papers. The energy yield from the
reaction is very high, but the support system to convert the reaction energy
to electricity  for a self-running demonstration system is a tough chemical
engineering task which is being farmed out to three major engineering firms.

Look at the typical LENR experimental setup. Many, many steps before hot
tea.

The demo has to be "right" and show a clear, do-able path to scale-up. The
LENR world is not able to make reliable cathodes nor unequivocally identify
the consumables or the facilities needed to reuse the cathodes. Mills is far
ahead by such measures.

Mike Carrell