----- Original Message ----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damien_Hirst

Damien Hirst employs artisans but only for the generation of original works,
and
is probably the richest artist ever.

"Hirst sees the real creative act as being the conception, not the  execution,
and that, as the progenitor of the idea, he is therefore the  artist:
Art goes on in your head," he says. "If you said something  interesting, that
might be a title for a work of art and I'd write it  down. Art comes from
everywhere. It's your response to your  surroundings. There are on-going ideas
I've been working out for years,  like how to make a rainbow in a gallery. I've
always got a massive list of titles, of ideas for shows, and of works without
titles.[17]"Harry