[Here are some comments by me, with a follow up by Jan Marwan, reprinted with his permission]

Let me make one more comment about this.

I think it is likely that some opponent put the kibosh on the AIP proceedings. The AIP is determined to keep the name secret.

I would like to say that I do not care who did this. I would not make an effort to find out who it is. Yes, we should protest. Yes, an anonymous attack is cowardly and even more unseemly than an overt attack. But I say let them keep their secrets.

I don't care because these people are a dime a dozen. Whether it was Moshe Guy, Robert Park, Zimmerman or someone else, what difference does it make? We cannot stop any of them. I am sure there are hundreds of professional scientists and administrators who -- given the power to do so -- would gleefully quash all publications, destroy reputations, and fire any scientist who talks about cold fusion.

I have often said there is a great deal of latent support for cold fusion and we should reach out to our friends and ignore our enemies. This incident demonstrates that there remains a great deal of latent opposition, too. We cannot do anything about it, so let us not fret about it.

- Jed

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear colleagues and friends,

I appreciate very much Jed's comments and I totally agree with him.

Let me make my comments before I close this subject.

There is no doubt that there is still strong resistance against our field, but it is also true that there is on the other hand a great deal of support for cold fusion. I can see it on my own, I recently started a collaboration on cold fusion with a well recognised governmental institute in Germany, we have been working closely together on analysing additional elements to palladium in my samples after electrolysis, resulting from LENR effects. This means a lot, and I hope this can be reached in many countries.

Like Jed I feel the same concerning our enemies. Let them do what they want to do. The most important issue here is that we keep on going that we move on, but this is actually what all of you have been doing over the last 20 years in your ICCF conferences and proceedings. I always admired you because of that, you created your own society, your own proceedings and you did well.

I always considered this New Energy Technology Symposium at the ACS as a support to the ICCF to encourage the scientific debate on cold fusion and to invite and involve as many people as possible. With this symposium we had a better chance to publish our work in mainstream science. I was hoping for this AIP book, it would have meant a lot for this field and especially for those who have been working in this field for more than 20 years. It is a shame how badly this science has been treated by the majority of scientists worldwide.

This AIP fiasco proves that it is not about the quality of your scientific work and results, it is about politics that finally did not make this book happen, and this fiasco strongly indicates that over all the years it has been always about politics that hampered cold fusion science to become accepted.

Concerning our AIP book we obviously have not succeeded, but on the other hand, it has become obvious to everyone interested in New Energy related subjects that cold fusion is regarded as competitor to old physics and established lobbies. In this context, I think we reached a lot, not the maximum of course, but a fairly good optimum. Therefore, I found it necessary to compose this letter (2 weeks ago) to specifically address the situation and make clear what is it about. I know the AIP's decision is final, but the way how it evolved, provides a good basis of facts and evidence that will help us to get our field accepted and recognised in the future. I am sure it is still a long way to go, but we are doing fine and have made alltogether significant progress. That's the way I see it.

Christy is working on an article about this AIP fiasco, if she needs any help, we should assist her. Our AIP volume is going to be published with JCMNS and on Jed's website. Selected papers will be published in Infinite Energy.

It is important for us now to move on. Therefore I would suggest to close this subject so that we can focus on our scientific work and prepare the next conference meeting. I hope that in a half years time the ACS will show interest in publishing with us.

Jan Marwan