----- Original Message ----

Markets don't keep tabs on who is making a contribution. That is the concern of
a community or a business or the State.

> The net result would be that little if  anything got done, so the goods and
> services available would be severely  limited. In fact I think this is at
least
> partially what went wrong in the  Soviet Union (empty shelves and long queues
>for
> basic  commodities).

The reason shelves went empty was because of inflexible prices and the profit
motive was denied to entrepreneurs.

Anyway, it is not true that nothing will get done.
People will find they have to do "it" themselves whatever "it" is.

Harry