On 01/08/2011 08:09 AM, John Berry wrote:
> It is a hacker from China (Beijing?) that hacked my gmail account.

How do you know that?

> My password was random characters, but I have used the password before.
>
> Still I wonder, I just before used a usb wifi device I just squired,
> it was bough as near new, could it be modded?

It could be, but I think it's improbable. If I'm not mistaken, gmail
authentication is done over https. To hack that, a man in the middle
must provide you with forged SSL certificates. That's not impossible,
and is in fact relatively easy to do (google "ssh man in the middle",
sshmitm). It's just that I find it too sophisticated just to send spam.
And if they are spying on you, why send spam then?

Most likely, a weak password(how many characters?), or a gmail
vulnerability.

> the timing is strange.

When you are looking for coincidences, the timing is always strange.