On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Terry Blanton <hohlr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think Rossi is operating near the edge of a runaway reaction.  He
> uses the resistive heating device to ensure runaway does not happen.
> If he tried to self-sustain, he gets runaway.  With the added 400 W of
> resistive heating, he can operate the cell just below the runaway
> temperature.

Let's see.  Using 400 W to maintain his window of stability on a
12,000 W reactor implies that he is a far cry from a "safe" reactor.
It implies that, if he pushes it to 13,000 W, he gets runaway.

Based on this (gross) assumption, some really good feedback controls
are going to be required on a commercial product.