On 01/24/2011 01:27 PM, OrionWorks - Steven V Johnson wrote:
> Wait a minute:
>
> My eyeballs scanned the following paragraph:
>
> Page 6:
>
> Conclusions
>
> The amount of power and energy produce during both tests is indeed
> impressive and, TOGETHER WITH THE SELF SUSTAINING STATE REACH DURING
> [caps mine] [TEST 1] could be an indication that the system is working
> as a new type of energy source. The short duration of the test
> suggests that is important to make more long and complete experiments.
> An appropriate scientific program will be drawn up.

> Ah yes, "...could be an indication..."
>
> Not unexpectedly, the information strikes me as being coached in super
> conservative scientific -speak, not that I'm complaining. Under the
> circumstances I'd probably do the same thing too!

Personally, under the circumstances, I'd have included  the data in the
report.

If nothing else I'd have included scales on the graphs, and I'd have
photographed the monitor straight-on, with the camera horizontal, and
I'd have corrected the color, brightness, and barrel distortion
afterwards so the graphs could actually be read.  (It's not hard -- it's
what I've done in the past when presenting data, and heck, I'm just an
amateur.)

The only graph in the paper I can see which has tic labels is the one
for input power.   Incidentally, that appears as one graph in the paper,
but it /must/ have been constructed by pasting together parts of two
other graphs, as Test1 and Test2 took place almost a month apart, yet
the graph shows them as being just a few hours apart.

And I'd have made darn sure I didn't lose the temperature data from the
second run.

(By the way, was "test2" the public demonstration, or do I have my dates
confused?)