OrionWorks - Steven V Johnson wrote:

Ideally, it remains our hope that personality flaws won't adversely
influence the alleged authenticity of extraordinary scientific
evidence collected by said "personality". And yet, here we are,
seemingly unable to avoid participating in the very mess we detest.

Amen to that. And I say it is Rossi's fault. He is either inadvertently spreading confusion and misinformation, or he is deliberately deceiving people. He responded offline to my posting on his blog. Why the heck he did not make his response public I cannot say, but I shall publish it here, along with my response.

- Jed

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear Mr Jed Rothwell,
I am answering to your email of today.
1- Leonardo Corp exists and it is sound. It is clear that you have found another leonardo corp ( there are many Leonardos). My one is sound, believe me. i...@leonardocorp.com 2. Same for Defkalion: you found another one. Also Defkalion is a common name in Greece. 3. About your suppositions, I will make no more tests on modulbecause it is clear that people like you will also find something wrong. The answers will arrive from our 1 MW plant which will start in October. At that point all the discussions will be over, in front of a reactor working 24 hours per day, at a power of 1 MW, in the factory of a Customer.
You just talk too much, I prefer to make facts.
Wait until october, you will have surprises.
Regards,
Andrea Rossi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[Sent to info and uploaded to blog]

You completely misunderstand my comments. I have NEVER doubted the results of the Levi test. I have pointed out that others including Prof. Villa still have questions.

You wrote:

1- Leonardo Corp exists and it is sound. It is clear that you have found another leonardo corp ( there are many Leonardos). My one is sound, believe me. i...@leonardocorp.com 2. Same for Defkalion: you found another one. Also Defkalion is a common name in Greece.

Okay. Why did you repeatedly refer to it as "Defkalion Energy" when the name is "Defkalion Green Technologies"? Why do you claim you have a degree from a non-existent university? Why don't you post the name of the company in Florida? You cannot have a factory there without a proper registration and telephone number. You should give the name, address and telephone number.

You are saying things and doing things that make you look bad. You are inviting attacks by skeptics. You should publish COMPLETE and ACCURATE information, instead of mixing up the names of your companies. Journalists and newspaper reporters worldwide are trying to get accurate facts about you, but you have spread so much confusion they think you are a fake. I have been trying to reassure them for months that your claims have merit. You are making it impossible for me and your other supporters.

You just talk too much, I prefer to make facts.

YOU DO NOT TALK ENOUGH! Make yourself clear. Publish accurate information. Do not confuse the name of your company with some other company. Be careful!!!

- Jed

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another message I wrote to people trying to make sense of this mess:

Brian Ahern informed me that the Leonardo Technologies that Rossi formed is in New Hampshire, not Florida, although Rossi has moved it and the production line to Florida.

Based on my experience in business, I doubt that. You are not allowed to open a production line in a state without registering and licensing a corporation. However, if Ahern gives me additional information I will report it, and retract my previous assertion.

Let me say, however, that Rossi has been giving me and others one story after another for a year now, with no supporting evidence, and I am fed up with it. Consider for a moment how ridiculously easy it would be for him to provide confirmation for these claims. For example, he said there was a reactor in a factory in Italy operating continuously for six months. He claims hundreds of units are being fabricated. Okay, why not give us things like:

* The street address of these factories and photos of the equipment.

* Brief technical reports or affidavits from qualified experts (even anonymous ones). No engineer or scientist on earth would fail to take notice of a device that works for months. No one would ignore it.

When I investigated the Griggs gadget, Hydrodynamics gave me a mountain of supporting evidence for their claims. They gave me documents and testimonials from customers, from qualified engineers, the County Property Manager, the Fire Department manager, the Dean of Mech. Engineering at Georgia Tech. I ran my own tests, and I observed other tests too, and that is the basis of the claim, but there was plenty of evidence that qualified experts had independently verified the claims. Rossi has been doing this for at least a year and probably much longer. Is Levi et al. the first independent test? Why didn't they run the machine longer?!? As Storms said, this was amateur. It looked ad hoc. Why didn't they do a more professional test and presentation? Why don't they do one now? Why is there still a veil of secrecy over this project, and what possible benefit can it be to Rossi or anyone else? Above all, why does he keep doing and saying things that make him look bad?!?

More weirdness: Rossi could have $100 million in R&D money handed to him on a platter if he would only act rationally and do a few more demonstrations. Instead he claims he is fabricating a 1 MW reactor. Doesn't he realize that such a radical scale-up is potentially dangerous, and that regulators and safety experts will surely step in and shut him down? How can he not know that?!? It is incredible to me that he thinks he can just start manufacturing and installing such machines. This is the 21st century for goodness sake, not 1750. There have been laws and standards governing such machinery since James Watt set the standards and prevented the use of high pressure boilers because of the dangers. You can't just go around installing untested, unproven, large-scale nuclear reactors of unknown etiology!!!

. . .

Let me put it this way. Suppose all these things I have discovered over the past year are honest mistakes. Rossi did not mean to say Kensington U. He spelled Prof. Kelly's name wrong. He informed me and others that the name of the company in Athens, Greece is Defkalion Energy but that's wrong -- it was supposed to be DEFKALION GREEN TECHNOLOGIES.

The question arises: Why is he so scatterbrained? Why does he repeatedly give the wrong names, the wrong information, the wrong addresses, the wrong State, the wrong person, the wrong university? Who makes so many mistakes about his own personal business? If you ask me where I got my degree, I will tell you "Cornell" not "Grinnell" "Lionelle" "Cornwallis" or some other institution. Especially not one that you can look up on line and discover does not exist. I suppose any sane, honest person can keep track of such things. It is deeply troubling to me that every time I try to establish some definite fact about Rossi, such as the name of his company or the people funding him, I get a different answer. If he were to tell me "it is none of your business who is funding us" I would accept that. But to give the wrong name . . . Either he is extremely careless or he is up to no good.

None of this makes sense to me. It seems like an extreme case of the Inventor's Disease, which compels the person making the discovery to do everything within his power to destroy the prospects for success . . .