*  Bottom line: what signature, even if fully known, could be so revealing
that it would really matter for a patent which is already filed?

OK - delayed flash of the old memory banks .

. yes, there is one detail from the recent past that does come to mind,
which might show up as "revealing". Anyone who follows LENR would have
known. But it is relative to the "Rusi affair" at Purdue (will not attempt
to spell the last name, but you know what I am referring to).

In that sonofusion experiment, the reactor was "seeded" with a small amount
of radioactive isotope emitter. I think it was californium but it does not
matter, but whether it was fully disclosed or not became the issue. The
purpose of the 'seed' was as a trigger.

My personal belief is that a small seed (tiny - micrograms) can alter the
"probability field" for QM in such a massive way that gigantic effects will
follow - but that was not exactly Rusi's claim. He merely found that it
worked, and he may or may not have adequately disclosed it up front,
depending on who's side you are on.

No one doubts that the end effect on the sonofusion neutron emission was
many orders of magnitude more than the seed could have accounted for ( 4
orders more, if memory serves).

Anyway, moving on - could Rossi have seeded his reactor in the same way?

Yes, that would be revealing !

Many medical tracer isotopes would have been available for this purpose. The
probability field for QM is poorly understood. However, as a practical
matter, why not include it in the patent to begin with?

This reaffirms the belief of many of us who read the patent in the context
of thousands of other patents over the past 50 years in energy - that
Rossi's is among the poorest drafted patents of all time, and in the end, it
will provide him zero protection anyway (at least in the USA).

The irony is that adding a "seed" to a Focardi style experiment could be
patentable in itself - so WHY NOT PATENT IT FROM THE START? After all, this
could be his one and only big advance.

Jones