Hi,
[snip]
>This taken as a whole is an agreement with you, for very slightly
>different reasons, reasons that make sense within the deflation
>fusion model, that *all* the Ni isotopes can prospectively be
>converted to copper (and/or Zn or Co in the process). This makes more
>sense to me than 94% of the heavier isotopes being actually converted
>to copper, leaving only 58Ni and no detectable 59 Cu.
[snip]
I agree that they all could/should be eventually. I was merely suggesting that
if there is a progression in the ease with which they undergo transmutation,
with the heaviest going most easily, and the lightest with the greatest
difficulty, then it might explain why there was about 30% Cu. It just seems
perhaps a little coincidental to me that if you leave out the lightest isotope,
then the remainder is about 30%.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html