From: Jed Rothwell [mailto:jedrothw...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:28 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Another problem with electricity in Japan, the AC
frequency varies

mix...@bigpond.com wrote:

> I wasn't talking about clocks with synchronous motors, but rather
electronic
> clocks that use the line frequency directly&/or for synchronization, and I
> think there are still quite a few of those.

I know what you mean. I used to have one. I think it burned up one day.
I do not recall seeing any for sale in stores for 30 years or so . . .

There are some web sites about this, in which line frequency electric
clocks are referred to as "antiques."

Wall clocks these days use AA batteries, don't they?