-----Original Message-----
From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax

> Heat transfer is limited by surface area, but the
"surface area" for a Rossi cell might be very
high. You cannot judge it by the gross volume.
What if the cell is constructed with many channels?

Not by the volume alone, correct. This is/was precisely the crux of the
issue in the original argument we were having early on - before the
name-calling began - and the precise reason that I sent along the picture of
the Mills/BLP reactor for comparison. It does have the proper cooling via
copper tubing - but it is much larger in order to accommodate the copper
windings.

The total weight of the Rossi unit was stated to be 30+KG of which the
greatest part was lead shielding, and of the remaining, about half was the
chimney and half the reactor and its copper jacket. The weight of the
reactor and contents then has an upper limit of about 10 KG, and the wall
thickness is prescribed by the internal pressurization (35 bar in the
patent) which demands a minimum safe thickness, since temperatures go above
600 C.

Now you can parse all of this information and look at the images of the size
of the reactor which are small - and estimate how much weight of material
for 'many channels' is possible. The report which I was made aware of did
this, and as you can see - I am far from being an expert in thermodynamics,
so it is not my conclusion, but nevertheless - it should be a part of the
record. anyway, it was claiming that there was neither room nor extra mass
for fins or channels. I listed that as the caveat. Rossi also says the water
flow is straight thru.

If the heat generation rate would be 30+ kcal/sec as you state and a flow
rate of a liter per second and a delta T of ?? then it should be possible to
guesstimate the surface area necessary, for those variables - given the
known conductivity of stainless.

Would you agree so far ?

Jones