>From Axil:

> Pumping the waste heat underground may be a solution, but would add
> substantially to the cost of a Cat-E installation.

Speculating a bit more on this topic...

It seems to me that waste heat could eventually turn into a global
environmental problem. Assuming e-Cat technology doesn't improve over
the years, which I suspect would NOT be the case, the planet could end
up with billions of e-cats radiating unusable heat into the
environment. It could turn out to be worse the CO2 or methane.

ACC actually speculated on this matter (in an incidental manner) in
his less spectacular novel "3001 A Space Odyssey."  ACC's solution was
to construct several huge space elevators in geo-synchronic orbit
around the equator that doubled as massive heat sinks.

As fluffy as that novel was I loved reading it.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks