Thanks for your enlightened reply, I'm curious about such things.

Here's a specific application I'm thinking about:

Given that infinite free energy is available ( which is certainly is, since
we know E=MC2,  and it's just an engineering detail how to take advantage of
that, and engineers always solve such problems ) , here's a practical
application:

Lets also assume that there exists a mechanical device that absorbs power
without getting hot (Steorn claims such a thing) .

Maybe it's possible to build a heat sink that absorbs energy without getting
hot.

Is it feasible to build a laptop computer or cell phone with an Intel
Core1000 processor that dissipates 1kW, but somehow can remain cool without
charring your breeches?

If I recall my thermodynamics, a heat engine dissipates the same heat (
calories ) as the source supplies, just at a lower temperature -- is that
correct? Maybe one could run a heat engine feeding a universal absorber and
have the cold side not get too hot -- but then the heat would have to go
somewhere.

A problem seems to be that the temperature difference between the source,
around 90?c and the cold side, say 40?c doesn't yield much efficiency (
50/300 = 16% ).  Is there a practical way to use these potential new
technologies to keep the cool so to speak?

A solution would have enormous practical significance.

Hoyt Stearns
Scottsdale Arizona US  ( Anxiously awaiting the arrival of 50?c outside air
temperature -- but the dew point is -40 degrees so it's cool :-) )