Where does the Vort consensus stand on the bulk powder vs the interface layer
to the reactor walls?  For a long time I thought the heated powder just sat in
the reactor while pressurized hydrogen permeated the geometry of the powder to
produce anomalous heat. It wasn't till I understood the design of the MAHG
where the nickel was sputtered into a thin surface on the inside of the reactor
walls [no bulk powder] and later mention of surface coating by Rossi and more
recently Brian Ahern that the importance of this interface  occurred to me.
Obviously it transfers the heat to the coolant fluid and should provide the
fastest response to hot spots in the Ni coating on the inner reactor wall
surface.  Is there a mutually beneficial relationship between these coatings
and the bulk powder? I do recall the thread about there being a possible
critical volume of powder but not on how this relates to the coated interface.