On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Mark Iverson <zeropo...@charter.net> wrote:

> To all Vorts that read/speak Italian:
>
> Could you please visit the website that Harry Veeder supplied and report back
> to "The Collective"!
>
> http://www.ioriocirillo.com/eng/index.php

There is little english content; but, here is one paper on the site:

THE GDPE CELL Energy balance analysis

(Some explanations about the energy anomalies inside the cell)
September, 2008 Vincenzo Iorio, Domenico Cirillo Caserta (Italy)

Abstract: The electrolytic cell we've been studying - known better as
its own acronym "GDPE cell"- does not show that energy gain we
initially stated in a previous report of ours. Our research team has
now realized that some measurement mistakes were made, due to very
high frequency energy fluctuations produced by the cell itself. Vice
versa, transmutations over the tungsten cathode still need to be
verified as such anomalous matter is so far detected and confirmed
throughout our experiments.

research has been carried out few hours a week: the whole work could
be simply sum up in a matter of some Saturdays and Sundays as well; as
result, it lasted several months. This document aims to disclose a
very important considerationgrown at the end of the previous summer
(2008) and, since then, it's going to require a good deal oftime to be
solved with accuracy.

So far, investigations about the electrolytic cell followed different
paths: measurements of energy anomalies (that is the optimum
efficiency which, from its initial values very close to 1.2 - 1.4, is
now settled to a value higher than 2) and the transmutations into the
tungsten cathode which were soon detected since the early tests at the
beginning of 2004.

 While transmutations still remain singular phenomenon as they are
very often confirmed by experience, the matter of energetic anomalies
took a different tum. Since both the instruments used for outgoing
thermal energy reading and the ones adopted to read the incoming
electric power have been tuned to their optimum accuracy, we got the
conclusion that the whole measurement test bench (we mean both the
electrical and the calorimetric one) suffers intrinsic systemic errors
which, to a deep analysis, does not allow to express a definite
consideration about the real magnitude of the energy values involved.
In a word, after a five-year experiment we fully realized that our
measurement systems are not accurate and, as a consequence, all the
measurements carried out so far cannot be used to provide any sort of
datum about the existence of energy anomalies inherent to the
phenomena, neither positive nor negative.

So, let's have a deep look at the measurement system weak points and
to the relevant reasons.

Since the early months of 2004 (we won't mention the early experiments
made at the end of summer 2003) we were fully aware that the cell
itself showed its own electric characteristics establishing some very
peculiar transient conditions. Measurements realized through a
spectrum analyzer coupled with EM! antenna showed frequency bands hit
at about 300 MHz with energy distributions up to some GHz. The cell
steady conditions (strongly affected by geometric, electric and
chemical specifications) are caused by an effect very similar (but not
exactly the same) to the wellknown Wehnelt one. Defining the GDPE cell
as the evidence ofWehnelt effect is in practice a forced way to
describe how it works; nevertheless it may be a practical fashion to
outline it. Towards the end of 1800, the well-known Wehnelt
electrochemical switch was employed to make Rumkhorff coils working at
higher dynamic regimes. And some aspects ofthe GDPE intermittent way
of working are just connected to the speed of those regimes. Something
similar just happens into the GDPE cell. The sudden power cut caused
by reiterated cathode polarizations due to gas streams as well as to
heated vapours associated with pulsating regimes of electric arch into
the electrolyte, leads to discontinuous current absorptions by the
cell making the instantaneous electric power measurement extremely
hard.

The instantaneous electric power applied to the cell is a very
important parameter in order to estimate the presupposed cell
efficiency. Another important parameter is the thermal energy absorbed
by water which heats and leads to the electrolyte evaporation. A very
accurate measurement ofthese two parameters can lead to meet the GDPE
energy efficiency. The instantaneous electric power can be easily time
quadrate to the whole length ofthe experiment in order to get the
energy value absorbed by the cell.

On the other hand, calories provided with the cell can be calculated
by measuring the total amount of evaporated water as well as the cell
heating during the total length ofthe test. The test has to last
longer than 500 seconds in order to minimize any sort of measurement
errors: usually, 1200 seconds may be the right test length. The ratio
of these two energy values gives the energy efficiency or, ifyou like,
the system efficiency.

Our efforts led us to the highest accuracy of both the measured
entities (incoming and outgoing energy).

>From a calorimetric point ofview, all the measurements - carried out
without a thermo stated cell- always lead to the reaching ofthe
electrolyte boiling point. This phase transition circumstance imply
errors on calorimetric measurements as, just because of plasma
dynamics, it becomes harder to split the evaporated components from
the atomized ones - that is the ones sprayed from plasma itself or
dropped because of hydrolysis: that means that share lacks of
accuracy.

At the same time, the calorimetric measurement system used in Caserta
does not allow an instantaneous and accurate monitoring ofthe cell
thermal behaviour but it gives the datum relevant to the outgoing
thermal energy only through a line integral between maximum and
minimum temperature levels added to the datum relevant to the
evaporated electrolyte amount.

Besides, since we always worked with an "opened" cell Gust to keep
safety conditions which means that the cell itself has never been in
an adiabatic state), some sort of inaccuracy - due to the heat
exchange between electrolyte and the environment - still remains.

Due to the peculiarity ofthe plasma phenomena we couldn't perform any
sort of system calibration using a warm up method different than
plasma itself During the tests carried out at PROMETE ofNaples -
(2006/2007) the calorimetric measurement system was optimized
providing the cell itself with a water cooling circuit. Such a system
allowed us to carry out experiments where everything was constantly
monitored and the cell never reached its boiling point. Nevertheless,
systemic errors due to a not-adiabatic system still remain. As
concerns the electrical measurements, since the early tests we did in
Caserta (2003), we've always had 3 electric power meters
simultaneously connected to the cell. Towards the end of2005 we got a
fourth instrument directly connected further down the cell.

Below, the instruments we used:

• VIP SYSTEM3: An Energy and three-phase power meter, that is an AC
meter connected before of the rectifier (accuracy 1%). Measurements
values got by that instrument take obviously into account of
electrical losses suffered by both the chopper and the variac.

• PC Acquisition system: A computer getting the GDPE cell current and
voltage values as well as other parameters. From those values,
instantaneous power and energy will be calculated. Besides, such a
measurement is purely as an indication because of a very low sampling
frequency value (1 Hz).

• Watt-hour meter (Italian Enel Standard) with aluminium plate just
used for an overall measurement vs. time.

• Energy and electric power meter (PA2200; accuracy 0,1%) working both
in AC and DC up to 500 KHz of frequency band.

The last device, has got two peculiar features concerning the energy
measurement. First of all, as a DC working device, it can be easily
connected to the cell input gate. In that case, power supply and
variac and electric losses can be fully neglected. Furthermore, it is
also able to work with a 500 KHz frequency band. Such features made
that instrument the reference one for most tests we performed since
the beginning of2006 on.

As concerns the instantaneous electric power measurement sampling
ofPROMETE cell (2006/2007) the acquisition rate has always been much
lower than the one we had with PA2200 used in Caserta (500 KHz), that
means less accuracy with a correct sampling of the typical
discontinuous trend of electric current usually flowing through these
cells. Our efforts have always been focused to define what frequencies
the energy inside the spectral range characterizing the trend ofGDPE
cell spread around.

Deep investigations carried out at the beginning of2008 through a
TEK2792 spectrum analyzer, and highly refined through the HP4195A,
showed a very wide energy spectrum extremely dependent from power
supply and changing with the geometry of electrodic system. Size
ofboth the electrode and its cover, and the different power supply
voltages could make the energy distribution frequency spectrum
changing.

After spring 2008 we set up a new way to investigate called EPM
(Energy Pulse Modulation) fully designed by our team and able to feed
the GDPE cell with a pulsing voltage, providing it with tunable pulses
up to a maximum of 80A@1000V. All that just in order to estimate the
cell behaviour with a pulsating regime. Meanwhile this study has not
been definitely completed yet but, thanks to it and to the early
measurements carried out so far, we are at last able to state several
important considerations about the electrical behaviour ofthe cell.

First of all the GDPE cell looks like a capacitive load and this
behaviour defines its response to the power stress in a very peculiar
way. The analyzed conditions are characterised by energy transients -
between power supply and electrolytic cell- working at very fast
dynamics regimes. In some cases power spectral distributions over
100MHz have been found (over 20% of average index).

Being these events quite stochastic and since power supply modifies
the spectral distribution ofthe cell supply current, we can state that
the power supply measurement can never be considered accurate..

Because of that unsteadiness and studying similar experiences about
this matter, we believe we can firmly assert that the measurement of
the electric power requested by the system was often wrong. And that
happens just because of a very difficult sampling of the electric
input variables due to a very unpredictable spectral range ofthe power
absorbed by the cell itself.

The power meters now on sale are designed to work over well-fixed
frequencies bands and, at any rate, extremely lower than 100 MHz. So,
most of instruments on sale seem to become useless as regards the real
magnitude of absorption peaks invalidating the measurement
correctness.

Having a deep look to the waveform ofthe current flowing through the
cell (through a Lecroy 9320 oscilloscope) we can easily understand
that the signal is made up of very high frequency harmonics
fluctuating around a mean value oscillating in turn. Such fluctuation
is detectable by the volt-amperemetric measurement instruments we
used.

In order to get round such difficulties we are now carrying out some
different kind of measurements that will save us, at last, from errors
like the ones listed above. That new measurement set up requires two
cells arranged in series and provided with an external mechanism for
heat dispersion just to avoid to take the electrolytes to their
boiling points. The two glass cells, with the same maximum level (1000
ml) will be both filled with potassium carbonate electrolytic solution
(0,2 m in 700 cc.).

The former cell hosts an adjustable resistor in order to heat the
first electrolytic solution, while the latter hosts a pair of
electrodes made up of a steel anode and a tungsten cathode. It's very
important to underline that the circuit will be designed in order to
have the adjustable resistor in series with the second cell power
supply circuit. In that way the electrical behaviour ofthe current
signal flowing through the cell hosting the electrolytic plasma, will
be the same as the one flowing through the adjustable resistor.

>From the outside a constant temperature water stream will touch on
both the cells. Well, in that way, ifwe switch the cells power supply
on and calibrate both the resistor and the plasma so as to have the
same voltage drop to their terminals, we'll be able to state we are
having two systems absorbing the same energy which we can make more
accurate energetic considerations about than the ones made so far, no
matter what the electric energy band distribution is.

In that case, in fact, the series electric connection guarantees the
same current flowing through both the systems, while the voltage
calibration shares out the power supply on both the loads. For that
reason, the calorimetric measurement will  be simply a temperature
measurement for both the electrolytes and every consideration will be
based only on such a datum. All that will give us more genuine
information about the real importance of the cell energetic behaviour.
Only after a set of accurately tuned measurements we will be able to
approach with the real energetic behaviour ofthese cells.

UntH then each result, that won't take into account the spectral
distribution of electric signals, shall be considered inaccurate and
not usable, neither as a positive result nor as a negative one.
Therefore, with a significant embarrassment we must admit we roughly
estimated that energy surplus causing the energy anomaly that,
perhaps, could even be disclosed as not existing.

Chances that the energetic anomaly could be revealed as inconsistent
are increasing inside our team. This remark strengthen with data we
have been analyzing: such data came out fi•om some tests we've carried
out for months using series cells.

Vice versa, we keep on noticing anomalous occurrences of chemical
elements (initially absent) over the tungsten cathode. Therefore, we
can confidently assert we aren't fully aware of the whole phenomena
way of working at all: that means our experiments and examinations,
about the several aspects ofthe GDPE cell, will surely continue.

Yours faithfully.

(September, 2008)

Vincenzo Iorio e Domenico Cirillo

Caserta (Italy)

T. Ohmori, T. Mizuno ICCF-7 - Vancourer "Strong excess Energy
evolution, new element production, and eletromagnetic wave and/or
neutron emission in the light water electrolysis with a tungsten
cathode"

D. Cirillo And V. Iorio "trasmutation of metal at low energy in a
confined plasma in water" - proceedings of the ICCF-l1 - novembre 2004