>From Joshua:

>> OrionWorks - Steven V Johnson;

>> My perception on the reactor core has always implied that the
>> volume of water entering the reactor core could vary.

> Well, that's the difference then. But I think you're mistaken.
> Rossi uses a pump designed to maintain a constant flow, and all
> his calculations (including Krivit's video of him calculating
> the power) assume constant flow rate. And if the flow is constant
> at 5 g/s (in the January demo), then 17 kW would have increased
> the temperature of the steam substantially.

Again, I suspect my original premise would indeed be mistaken if the inflow
of water always remained fixed throughout the January demo. So far, no one
on this list seems to have felt motivated enough to either verify or falsify
if this really was the case.

The thing about Rossi is that he strikes me personally as a
seat-of-the-pants kind of engineer. Very observant, spontaneous... and
intuitive. I could see how working with Rossi in a research lab would
possibly drive other researchers (of the meticulous kind) up a wall because
he's probably not in the habit of carefully documenting each and every
single procedural step he is about to take - at least not to the same degree
that most scientists and researchers might be inclined to do when exploring
uncharted territory.

>From my POV it is conceivable that Rossi, while monitoring the January
demonstration, might have occasionally adjusted water inflow to help
maintain a consistent volume of water within the reactor core. He might have
performed adjustments based on an intuitive feel as to how the reactor core
is currently behaving . He's probably very familiar with how the contraption
behaves under a number of circumstances. Well... let me put it this way. If
I were Rossi, that's what I might have done. The point being *IF* one
accepts the possibility that Rossi's eCats do indeed generate a lot of
excess heat one would realize that it would be very bad for the "engine" to
run out of radiator fluid in the middle of a demonstration. You would then
end up with a seized up totally destroyed engine... or in Rossi's case a
potential melt down, and irrevocable permanent damage to the reactor core.
Regardless of whether one wants to believe such accounts are true or not, we
have been told by Rossi that there have been meltdowns in the past as he was
trying to figure out the right recipe.

It would indeed be useful if someone could clarify if the water intake had
always been fixed throughout the entire demonstration... or not as the case
may be.

In any case, I have no need to make excuses for Rossi's work habits - good
or bad. If Rossi's claims turn out to be true, then they are true. If not,
they aren't.

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com