>From Stephen,

> Please note that physics simulation packages are going to be based on
> physical law, as currently understood, and the "conventional" E&M model of
> magnetism is conservative.  As a result, the assumption of conservative
> behavior is built into the modeling package.
>
> Consequently, it should, in principle, be impossible to discover any
> non-conservative behavior between permanent magnets by running a
> simulation.  If such exists, you'd need to use real magnets to find it.

Precisely. I didn't say as such in my comments, but I understand what
you are saying. Very early in my "training" this principal was drummed
into my head. Actually, it's a pretty sensible assumption to make,
even if it might not be correct in the absolute sense of the word.
(It's MOSTLY right!) ;-)

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com