Horace Heffner <hheff...@mtaonline.net> wrote:

> Hold on there! I assume you refer to the discussions and churning here, in
> this group.
>

> You assume wrongly.  I refer in addition to Rossi's blog, the CMNS news
> list,  Krivit's blog, public press, etc., etc.

Ah, well these other forums are also populated by people who know
practically nothing. Rossi's blog is colorful but it does not say much
because, as Rossi says, he cannot reveal trade secrets.

The above statement is in regard to the repeated public demos, and continued
> public discussion - the public information which can potentially attract
>  investors.

Brief public demos have been repeated 4 times in 8 months, I think. That is
a small number. Anyone would invest in this based on those demos would be
insane, in my opinion.

>  It is not relevant what has supposedly happened behind the scenes.

Unless you know what is happening behind the scenes how can you judge
whether it is relevant to potential investors? Assuming Defkalion has done
what they claim in their blog and White Paper, with tests conducted by the
Greek government and so on, why would you say this is irrelevant? It seems
to me that such tests would be far more relevant and important to an
investor than the 4 public demonstrations, which were hardly more convincing
than a typical trade-show demonstration. (Not to say there is anything wrong
with a trade-show demo for the purposes such demos serve, but in that kind
of venue you cannot do a serious test or a serious evaluation.)

>  What matters is the fact that there has been continual public interfacing
> with nothing but talk talk talk, continual stirring of the public relations
> pot, concurrent with repeated flawed demos, when even an amateur level of
> attention to calorimetry in the public demos could potentially blow the lid
> off on the prospects for investment, for both Rossi and others.

If Defkalion has actually done what they claim, that should impress any
serious investor who is shown the experimental data and the machines in
operation. That would not be "talk, talk, talk." If they have not done what
they claim, and there are no tests underway in the Greek government, they
are engaged in fraud. I do not see any middle ground here. Either they have
done what you demand and their work makes the public demos irrelevant to
investors, or they are frauds.

> An obvious question is why would Rossi would engage in such time consuming
>  public interfacing when there is so much to do technically?

If you mean writing his blog, I believe he does it for relaxation. It is a
hobby. He has not spent much time doing demos. A few hours over 8 months. He
told me he does not have time to do a more extensive test than the kind he
showed Krivit. In my opinion, that test was so brief and so inadequate it
would have been better not to do it at all.