Susan Gipp wrote:

Jed, how many words wasted !
Just recall how Rossi reacted, time ago, when you proposed to make a test in Bologna using your own tools and what he said when you asked him to visit his Florida plant !
Didn't any alarm bell ring ?

Yes, as I have said again and again, if we are going to judge this by Rossi's behavior, alarm bells will ring, klaxons will sound, flashing red lights will blind us, and we will not believe it.

That is why I suggest you ignore Rossi, and his behavior. Concentrate instead on the reports and observations made by Levi, E&K and Lewan, and the claims made by Defkalion when the Minister of Energy was in the audience. Unless you suppose that Rossi has some magical ability to change the laws of thermodynamics or make calorimetry and flow meters stop working in Greece when he is in Italy, you need not worry about him. His flamboyant personality will not deceive a flow meter or seduce a thermometer.

Science is not about personality, and not about personal credibility. If Rossi were the only person making these claims, we would be forced to consider his personality as a factor, but unless you suppose Levi and these others are secretly in cahoots with him, or unless you think he has come up with some fantastic undetectable method of fooling them, you can rule out his personality. I see no evidence they are conspiring. I have not seen anyone propose a viable method of faking the experiment. Alan Fletcher went to a lot of trouble compiling a list of ways to make a fake test. There was not one method on his list which Levi or even I would not spot in two minutes. There is not the slightest chance any of those methods would work. None of them was as difficult to catch as an actual experimental error is, including the errors I myself have made. Until someone comes up with a plausible method I think we can put aside that hypothesis. Besides, the hypothesis is not falsifiable until you propose a specific method, so it is not scientifically valid.

It is conceivable that Defkalion is faking it. They have not published a report or test data as far as I know. I would say they have a lot more credibility than Rossi does, based on the people attending the press conference, but it is dangerous to judge an scientific claim by outward appearances or a list of impressive friends.