Horace Heffner wrote:

You are providing the input data so you should know which test you are talking about. Jed says the first test.

No, I said it was the device used in the first public test. The large eCat, shown in many photos. As far as I know this was the only eCat they used in December, January and February. The event occurred in December. Levi et al. spent a lot of time in December and January testing the machine before they did a public test. Getting ready for the test. One of the things they did was run without input for 15 min. (heat after death mode). I assume it was about the same power output as the January and February tests because they say performance is stable and predictable with this machine. It works the same way every time. Focardi emphasize that in his video interview with Krivit.

It is not always stable. Input power seems to vary for some reason, and during the 18-hour test it went bonkers at first, producing a great deal of heat and frightening Rossi, according to Levi in his comments in the video interview with Levi.

I assume it was the same device because they never mentioned having more than one, and why would you spend a month getting ready to do a test with one machine and then do the test with another one?

The graph from the heat after death event is shown in the video #3 (I think it is). Unfortunately, it appears Krivit has withdrawn this one from public access. He does that kind of thing. It is annoying. Anyway, this is not terribly important. There is no question that gas loaded devices work in heat after death mode. It is ridiculous to doubt that since most of them are inherently in that mode all the time. See Arata's cells, for example. The mystery is not that it runs without power, but rather why any heating power is needed after the critical operating temperature is reached. I have no idea why it needs input power, and how that input power controls the reaction (assuming it does). Even though I have no idea why it works this way, it does not surprise me. Temperature, heat flux and temperature differences have often been shown to be critical to cold fusion effects.