This post is just to check my understanding of the supposed structure of the Rossi device.

As I understand it, the device elements, in cross section of the reactor portion, are annular in nature, radially symmetric, except for the band heaters which roughly approximate radial symmetry. The following layers comprise the cross section, from innermost to outermost:

1. Reactor material with hydrogen
2. Steel reactor container
3. Water
4. Copper outer jacket
5. Band heater resistors driven by 220 V
6. A lead shield
7. Insulation

An exception to the above is there is a resistance heater located in or around the steel reactor container? There are temperature sensors in the device which allow the controller to individually apply current to the resistance heating elements.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/