  From: Jed Rothwell
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:E-cat news at Nyteknik

  OrionWorks - Steven V Johnson <svj.orionwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Meanwhile, Mr. Rothwell replied to your original comment by posting thermal
measurements that apparently reveal the interesting fact that thermal inertia
had already been taken into account when the temperature initially dropped from
131.9 C down to 123.0 C soon after input power had been cut off.

  That data is from:

  Test of Energy Catalyzer, Bologna, September 7, 2011 Analysis of calorimetry

http://www.nyteknik.se/incoming/article3264365.ece/BINARY/Report+E-cat+test+September+7+%28pdf%29

  I am glad to see Lewan included a fairly detailed time-stamped data log in
this report. We could have used that in previous reports.

  As Lewan remarks, it is a shame they did not let it run another hour in
self-sustaining (heat after death) mode. But it was late at night, after all.

  I am still working through this report.

  Someone here suggested that the power supplies might have affected the
thermocouples. I don't think so. Thermocouples and interface equipment attached
to them are designed to work around machines with power supplies and magnetic
fields. If the power supplies produced affected thermocouple performance, the
people observing the experiment would have seen that happen immediately when
the power went on, and again when it went off. Also this could not explain the
temperature rise 10 minutes after the power went off.

  Catania apparently thinks that thermal inertia can cause a temperature to
rise when there is no internal power production and no change in the flow rate
(rate of heat loss). This is a violation of the laws of thermodynamics. Thermal
inertia can only produce a temperature that falls at some rate. The highest
temperature would have to be recorded just before the power was turned off.

  I believe the temperature could rise because of thermal inertia if you cut
the flow rate and if there were a very hot body inside the cell.