Hi Horrace e.a.,

On 14-9-2011 23:40, Horace Heffner wrote:
In any case, I think there is no reasonable possibility of a Co60 source of any possible significance being hidden behind the 2 cm lead shielding. However, there are various other radioactive materials that very well might be hidden behind a few cm of lead, and which might indeed be catalytic - especially beta producers.

This brings me back to why I brought these questions forward.

Let's suppose Rossi is using somekind of radiation source (not necessarily Co60) as a "catalyzer". Is it then possible to determine the "catalyzer", if the following parameters are known?

1. Maximum allowed radiation level which passes safety certification.
2. Maximum lead shielding thickness used around the reactor.

Kind regards,

MoB