Inside this artcle we have many info
(http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3123849.ece):

"“I am assuming all the risks. No one is risking any money except me,” said the
Italian engineer Andrea Rossi
“I get paid (by Defkalion) only when the installation is delivered and if it
works. I do not want people to spend any money until I have started and tested
my one-megawatt plant,” said Rossi.
“The 500,000 Euros I am paying to the University of Bologna is my last money,
but when I deliver the one-megawatt plant to Defkalion I get cash back. From
then on, 50% will be used for expansion and 50% to treat children with cancer.
I will personally look for the children whose families cannot afford their
care,” said Andrea Rossi.

So,
1) No payment until the one-MW-pant
2) All risk to Rossi
3) His *own* money to UniBO

Daniele Passerini, inside the comments of his blog, wrote that:
1) Rossi was wating from Defkalion a payment of  500.000€ for his technology
2) Rossi will then use this money to pay the R&D at UniBO

These are the original sentences:
“Per onorare i 500.000€ da versare a UniBO Rossi faceva affidamento su un
versamento (di analogo importo) che Defkalion si era a sua volta
contrattualmente vincolata a pagare a Rossi.”
“Parliamo di quelli che Defkalion doveva dargli entro maggio per lo
sfruttamento della tecnologia.”
“ho sentito chiaramente che Rossi si lamentava che i Greci non avevano
rispettato la scadenza e che non gli avevano dato i soldi entro il termine
massimo previsto (maggio)”

Source:
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?postID=2778967923339975695&blogID=18734659&isPopup=true&page=3