All relative measurements between different inertial frames share a
Pythagorean relationship with the time axis. The gamma formula relies on the
ratio of V^2/C^2. Relative measure suggests that the vacuum [ether] does move
and at different rates proportional to gravitational fields - It is equivalent
to spatial acceleration where an object approaching C also experiences less
time passage as evidenced by the Twin Paradox.  In real life, relativistic
updates are required to account for accumulated time dilation of GPS satellites
in orbit. From our relatively stationary perspective time appears to slow as
objects achieve high fractions of C either thru linear acceleration or the
equivalent acceleration of strong gravitational fields. My posit is that
stationary objects do not necessarily mark a zero reference for time dilation!
There are numerous claims of accelerated radioactive decays and accelerated
spontaneous emissions dealing with microwave suppression or Casimir geometry.
My point is that suppressing vacuum energy density may be a way to directly
manipulate the C^2 portion of the Gamma formula regardless of the objects
spatial velocity - instead of the equivalent acceleration of a deep gravity
well slowing time this would be an equivalent negative acceleration of a
gravity warp accelerating time such that objects in such a "suppressed" region
would perceive even stationary objects outside the region as accelerated
relative to their C^2/V^2 quotient. By directly manipulating C you sidestep the
Pythagorean penalty requiring objects with spatial velocities approaching C
before any significant changes occur. CERN's experiment may have introduced a
small measure of suppression that accumulates over the length of the ring - we
know that time dilation of a laser through a Casimir cavity is infinitesimally
small and the effects are far less for the suppression of a microwave cavity
but given the length of the ring these effects might accumulate to measurable
levels - I can't say why these results would suddenly appear now, relative to
this experiment, when not seen previously but would be keen to know how this
experiment differed from previous.
Fran