2011/9/30 Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>:

> As I said here before, I cannot think of any reason why Rossi would show a
> dummy eCat if he also has real ones.
> Why bother? What is the point?

I have so many theories about the Rossi's motivation that I have
stopped counting. But perhaps I know how Rossi is thinking:

«Jouni Valkonen and Rossi are very similar personalities, so perhaps
Rossi and Jouni Valkonen are really the SAME PERSON ?»
         –Ray Rockingham

> He runs
> the risk of being discovered, and there is no benefit to it.

If he would gain anything from mass media attention, he would have
demonstrated scientifically valid E-Cat back in December 2011. But he
did not. If Rossi had wanted any scientific attention, he would have
submitted a paper into Nature back in 2007. But he did not.

He have had all the hard evidence for at least last four years or
more. But he has not brought them for public.

Therefore he has plenty to gain for discrediting himself. One simple
benefit would be that JoNP server would have collapsed immediately
under the traffic, if he had been taken seriously in scientific
community.

    –Jouni