I've been collecting a few links to steam engines available on the net
so that I'm ready when the e-cat's begin shipping. =)

Here is an interesting one--  a very small 10HP model ($2K)
http://www.greensteamengine.com/
Plans, full units, and licensing available.

A much larger one puts out just 5HP
http://www.tinytechindia.com/steamengine.htm

Alibaba has a number of steam engines, including one
http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/109015831/Screw_rotor_steam_engine.html

And this one delivers 3KW/h at 116 psi for $3K
http://www.biosteamengine.com/article_read_276.html

Steam turbines (vs. engines) operate at a much higher speed,
temperature and pressure, and require very dry steam. I tried to find
something that could plug into a 1MW Rossi container and found a few
used and ready to purchase at:
http://powerplantsonline.com/

Here is a cool picture of a 500kW steam turbine generator:
http://www.utilitywarehouse.com/info2/500kwstg/500kwstg1.jpg

It was listed 12/08/09 for $100K and could power your neighborhood.
Its hard to tell, but it looks like about a 2 or 3 inch ID pipe for
input. Maybe Rossi's 2" outlet is not unreasonable?

Here in my area, the power company must buy back any user-generated
electricity. So having 2-4kw/h generating 24/7 would be pretty
compelling. Also a good way for the electric company to quickly go
broke.

What other ideas for e-cat are you all thinking about?

- Brad