Thanks again for the information.

Didn't these just dissipate heat by venting the steam to the atmosphere?
That seems wasteful.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michele Comitini [mailto:michele.comit...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 2:33 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Is Rossi's 1MW demo supposed to output "steam", or
just hot water under 100 C?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Pacific_Big_Boy

I already posted a picture of the above as an example of a machine
that had thermal power of at least 10MW.
Those locomotives were made around 1940.  They ran at 80mph max speed.
All locomotives of the Big Boy model worked for at least 20 years, and
retired only because of arrival of
more competitive diesel electric engines.  The numbers are impressive
compared to Rossi's plant.
Those beasts were able to dissipate huge amounts of heat, since their
thermodynamic efficiency was below 10% most of the time.
Yet they were reliable machines.

Rossi will have no safety problems with steam, assuming that he
followed those ancient engineering lessons. There is no reason for him
to use hot water.  I guess the idea is some kind of district heating
plant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_heating) using steam.
Then do the scale up to electrical power when eventually E-cat will be
able to support it.

mic