Jouni,

I should be a bit more circumspect with speculation based combine on combining
other related research with Rossi’s results, since you are writing a book on
this, and you need to get everything as accurate as possible.

The nickel/copper/iron alloy works for “spillover” which is a term of art, and
that is all that is claimed. Spillover is the term used in the petrochemical
industry for the catalytic conversion of molecular hydrogen to temporary atomic
hydrogen. There is no energy anomaly so far. Once you have a transient
population of atomic hydrogen however, several conditions are poised to happen
which can increase the lifetime of the species, or convert it to energy. This
includes the Mills reaction and possibly the Widom/Larsen reaction and possibly
others including Heffner’s ‘deflated’ electrons. Which one is active? That is
unclear but probably none of the above.

Importantly, there is NO indication in the tests run by Ahern that this
particular spillover alloy works with deuterium, like it does with hydrogen. It
may not work the same. Deuterium would probably follow a completely different
pathway for gain, which is almost certainly nuclear, since the extra neutron is
loosely bound and the O-P reaction, or a variant, is possible with deuterium at
low energy (Oppenheimer/Phillips).

IRH or inverse Rydberg hydrogen is simply a dense form of atomic hydrogen with
some temporal stability. Please read the prior articles by Miley and Holmlid on
the subject. IRH can be composed of either hydrogen or deuterium, and perhaps a
mix or the two.

Essentially this is what Miley brings to the table which is relatively new –
but the production of IRH in experiments, prior to the last year or two - has
been a specialty which is only seen in exotic situations like cryogenics. It is
believed that when you combine a spillover catalyst with a an adjacent
dielectric surface, however, then this dense accumulation may happen relatively
easier. That is the “Lawandy contribution” to all of this. You can scarcely
understand Miley, in the context of Rossi, without first understanding Lawandy
and spillover. Much of this background is in the Vortex archives.

Here is one of several an important Miley papers where he sees clusters of
about 100 atoms in a "defect" . (Casimir cavity or Casimir ‘pit’)

http://iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/244/3/032036/pdf/1742-6596_244_3_032036.pdf

Inverse Rydberg states of hydrogen atoms are extremely dense and can be
relatively long-lived whereas spillover itself is transient. That makes all the
difference. Holmlid, Miley and associates, claim that the density seen in their
testing works out to the equivalent of ~10^29 atoms/cm^3, which is enough for
the "solar variety" of proton-proton tunneling reaction to occur, which is one
of the fusion reactions by which many stars in the Universe convert hydrogen to
energy.

A single fusion of course ruins the IRH condition, and it is unlikely that any
kind of chain reaction can occur, so this is unlikely to be the dominant energy
mechanism in Rossi. However, as mentioned in other posts – there is also a
possible energetic, non-nuclear (Casimir/ZPE) route to excess energy based on
IRH. This is also non-chemical and is being called “sub-nuclear” since it
involves quark alignment statistics. The energy derives from non-quark nuclear
mass.

This is more likely for hydrogen, but less likely for deuterium.

In fact, I personally do NOT believe that Rossi is planning on using deuterium
at all, but think that it is wise to mention that this possibility is not ruled
out by any means.

The fact that Rossi even had deuterium present in the early testing is
suspicious. The lead gamma shielding is suspicious, since there has been no
public indication of radioactivity. Only a moron would believe that adding
deuterium would be a safe way to quench any kind of nuclear reaction, even a
beta decay reaction, since the energy of beta decay will easily “strip” a
neutron, as O-P discovered many years ago.

These things point to deuterium being used in comparative trials, but for
commercialization – this situation also point to a real nuclear reactor, which
comes under the control of the NRC in the USA, and it would be little different
in Europe - except possibly for the Balkans :-)

Jones

From: Jouni Valkonen

Jones Beene wrote:

> In one early test in Bologna, a tank of deuterium was seen, which -LOL-
> Rossi claimed was use to quench the reaction! In retrospect, this could be
> part as an outrageous deception - and D2 is in fact Rossi's only big secret,
> not the catalyst.

So the secret additive to nickel powder is copper, and perhaps little iron!
This is indeed interesting development. If true, then it means that there is no
fuel costs in any sort! Deuterium is dirt cheap and abundant (main cost of
producing deuterium is the high energy cost!)

   —Jouni