It must make a big difference in noise and in heat production and in fuel consumption if the generator is running without load.
It cannot go unnoticed if this was watched.

Am 29.10.2011 16:22, schrieb David Roberson:
It is prudent to have the generator running for safety reasons as well as to supply the control system regulating the ECATs. I would find it strange if they deactivated the generator. Also, the net fuel used during the test is a direct indication of the amount of energy from that source. This should be easy to determine.
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Ectsnte <ecat0...@hotmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sat, Oct 29, 2011 8:00 am
Subject: [Vo]:500kW generator was also running during the 5 hours!‏

Is there any reason why there was a 500kW generator running AND hooked up to the E-Cat through the WHOLE test, despite the E-Cat being switched into "self-sustain" mode? I gave it a tiny percent chance of being possible before, but now there's nothing but a clear scam left of it.

"Power for start-up (resistive coils that provided heat to the reaction chambers) was provided by the large and loud genset (was making all the noise) you see that is nearly as large as the small shipping container in which the 1 MW E-Cat plant was arranged. Once the reaction chambers got up to temperature, they were maintained by the heat produced by the reaction. I'm not sure why they kept the generator running after that, but I would guess it was for back-up or safety. I'm sure the engineers testing the system made sure what the power levels were at all times."

"Probably the biggest opening for skeptics will be the continually running genset that is probably rated for 500 kW (my guess), and appears to have been connected by cables to the E-Cat."

Source: http://pesn.com/2011/10/28/9501940_1_MW_E-Cat_Test_Successful/

Anyone have an explanation? Thanks. Also, my first post here.

-Larry