I just wrote a short story featuring it. In it, the Rossi effect is a
matter-antimatter reaction slowed down enormously, but destined to pick up
speed, so the world's energy woes may be solved, but everyone is walking around
with a ticking matter-antimatter bomb in his/her cell phone :) The problem is,
there are so many objects using ecats, that there is no time to blast them into
space or throw them in the ocean!

-drl

PS to reporters - the above is about fiction. Don't throw your phone in the
ocean.

"I write a little. I erase a lot." - Chopin