Miley wrote to Cravens:

"Yes, we are getting some good gas loading results at the 100s of watt
level!!"

That's with the smaller, ~20 g samples.

There was a slide toward the end of his presentation showing a NASA RTG,
which said that he is getting 350 W/kg. I guess that slide is out of date.

Hundreds of watts from 20 g is in the same ballpark as Rossi.

By the way, I'm not a bit surprised he is getting that. Pleased, but not
surprised. Ever since Rossi surfaced, people have been rather frantically
trying to replicate both Rossi and Arata, with gas loaded powder. I figured
someone would succeed sooner or later.

Some people have doubts about Rossi, but everyone in this business takes
Arata seriously, as well they should. But they did not have as strong a
motive to replicate Arata because his power density is much lower than
Rossi's.

I have taken Rossi seriously from day one because of Arata and the others
who worked with Ni-H over the years. Not because he is a persuasive human
person or his experiments are gems.

Rossi is a genius, almost unparalleled in modern times. the closest thing I
can think of is someone like Edison. (Both Edison and Rossi knew a great
deal of science, but they were also intuitive and hard working. As I see
it, Rossi resembles the ancient craftsmen who perfected Damascus steel. He
has a great deal of knowledge and also profound intuition.People sometimes
denigrate ancient craftsmen and modern artists because they do not know
what they are doing; they work by intuition. To me, that makes their
accomplishments even more astounding. I have the utmost respect for ancient
people who managed to build so much without science.