In the tradition of Alan Fletcher's exemplary skepticism:

If the pressure at the output thermocouple of the Oct 28 demo exceeds the
critical pressure of steam at the reported temperature, then there is no
heat of vaporization represented in the mass flow hence in the imputed
power level.

We may give Rossi the benefit of the doubt (doubt created in his response
to me wherein he said that the pressure at that thermocouple never exceeded
"20mm water column") and presume he merely poorly expressed his answer or
poorly understood my question (which was repeated later by another
person).  20mm water column would most definitely not have been sufficient
to drive the fluid flow from that thermocouple, to the condensers, through
the condensers and then, as liquid water, back along the ground and then up
to the level of the water in the holding tank.

The question then becomes: What is the plausible range of pressures at the
thermocouple to sustain that flow?

If the lower range of those plausible pressures exceeds the critical
pressure reported at the thermocouple, then it throws the entire test into
serious doubt.

Rather than rhetoric, here's some arithmetic:

The pressure drop in saturated steam distribution pipes can be calculated
in metric units
as<http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/steam-pressure-drop-calculator-d_1093.html>

*dp = 0.6753 106 q2 l (1 + 91.4/d) / ρ d5 *

*where *

*dp = pressure drop (Pa)*

*q = steam flow rate (kg/h)*

*l = length of pipe (m)*

*d = pipe inside
diameter<http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/asme-steel-pipes-sizes-d_42.html>(mm)
*

*ρ = steam
density<http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/saturated-steam-properties-d_457.html>(kg/m
3)*

Examination of the videos of the steam pipe between the thermocouple and
the condenser, and estimating values that will minimize the pressure drop,
I would estimate the diameter to be 200mm over a length of 2 meters,
followed by a narrowing (over a short distance) down to 100mm, then
distributing out to 7 condensing channels, each about 2cm in diameter
having a total length (cross and back) of 2 meters, then feeding back about
4 meters along the ground as liquid water through a pipe that's about
100mm, and then rising to the water level of the holding tank, at around
700mm height.

So the above equation has to be applied in 2 places:

   1. steam to condenser and
   2. through one leg of the round trip through a condenser channel
   (presuming it is gas phase only half way through the condenser channel)

The narrowing down from 200mm to 100mm would involve a pressure drop as
well, but that may be dominated by the immediate distribution to the
condenser's channels.

Then, on the return trip, we're dealing with liquid phase water, the head
loss due to flow is given by:
Summarized Major
Losses<http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/total-pressure-loss-ducts-pipes-d_625.html>

The major head
loss<http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/major-loss-ducts-tubes-d_459.html>for
a single pipe or duct can be expressed as:

*hmajor_loss =λ (l / dh) (v2 / 2 g)**         (2)*

*where*

*hloss** = head loss (m, ft)*

*λ** = friction coefficient*

*l** = length of duct or pipe (m)*

*dh** = hydraulic
diameter<http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/hydraulic-equivalent-diameter-d_458.html>(m)
*

*v** = flow velocity (m/s, ft/s)*

*g** = acceleration of
gravity<http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/accelaration-gravity-d_340.html>(m/s
2, ft/s2)*

This would, again, apply twice:

   1. To the return leg of the condenser channel (one of 7)
   2. To the water pipe running along the ground to the holding tank.

This doesn't take into account the head loss from rise from ground level to
the water level in the holding tank.

So a couple of questions:

   1. Is this an adequate set up of the problem -- presuming we are
   attempting to identify the minimum plausible pressure at the output
   thermocouple?
   2. Examining the condenser itself, the condenser channels are horizontal
   pipes in a vertical array, so the steam feeder and water collector pipes
   must be vertical.  But this creates a problem on the water collection
   side:  What is the water level and how is it to not interfere with the
   entry of steam at that level?