In small bubbles or small drops, surface tension is dominant.

Pressure changes, so the PVT equilibrium can be different.

I have a link somewhere for this .... I'm not sure if I put in my tube boiler
analysis.
And for the life of me, I can't remember if small drops grow or shrink in a
particular PT environment. (There's a named formula).