On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Did buggy mechanics all die off when cars came out?  Of course not, they
>> switched to working on cars.
>

> No, they did not. Existing industry leader seldom survive after a major
> change in technology. See "The Innovator's Dilemma." Some examples from
> that book:<SNIP>

This sort of discussion is exactly why I never argue about cold fusion.  I
am willing to remain ignorant for now about it.  I admit it.  But I do know
what Rossi claims and how to properly evaluate it and that has not been
done.  I can argue about Rossi until the cows come home if you'd like.
Where shall we start?  Oh... how about proving that there was a 35 kW
heater and that it heated like Rossi said it did?  And how about explaining
why it can't be dusted off and made to run again so we can all see it?.
Thanks.