Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Does Jed know anyone who privately tested the E-cat correctly and came away
> with positive results?

Yes, I do. Several people.

>   Maybe actually ordered one?

No idea if they ordered one.

But for some reason, Rossi's machine wouldn't start when either of those
> parties were there.  Strange, no?

No, that is not strange. No even one tiny bit strange. I myself have set up
demonstrations of prototype products that worked splendidly for weeks, and
then failed when customers walked through the door. I recall seeing a video
of Steve Jobs doing that at a product rollout in a trade show. He handled
it with aplomb.

That happens all the time to anyone who makes new things for a living. It
is called Murphy's law. People such as Yugo who doubt this have no idea
what R&D is like.

If Rossi's prototypes worked exactly right during a demonstration, I would
suspect they are fake. Perhaps he is a master con-man who
adds verisimilitude to his claims by having NASA people come for days while
his machines spurt hot water through leaks and screw up in various ways.
There has to an easier way to establish credibility.