On Nov 20, 2011, at 18:45, Akira Shirakawa <shirakawa.ak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2011-11-21 00:33, Daniel Rocha wrote:
>> Jed, that is NOT possible. He would still see people answering the same
>> things over and over again. What makes MY annoying is not the arguments,
>> but the repetition. But the repetition is not only hers, it is also from
>> whoever answer. So, it won't work just blocking.
>
> With Mozilla Thunderbird (an external email client) it's possible. It can
> kill completely threads and thread *branches* created by filtered users, if
> desired. You would however still see messages from the many users on vortex-l
> who appear to reply in a non-standard manner, splitting threads in multiple
> pieces.
>
> (that's very annoying in my opinion, together with HTML emails. The use of
> properly configured email clients should be among group rules)

Agreed. Also, new threads should not be renamed replies to other threads,
because some smart email clients are not fooled by subject changes, and the new
thread is hidden in the original.

Incidentally, I find the list much more valuable with the contrasting
contributions from Yugo, Cude, and Lomax, than when it becomes an echo chamber
of agreement.