On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com>wrote:
>
>> **
>>

>>  MIT? How is that possible. MIT is the epicenter of the anti-cold fusion
>> conspiracy...
>>

>> If they're the epicenter of the "conspiracy" it's not a very effective
>> conspiracy.
>>

> It's not me that claim they are the epicenter, it's the conspiracy
> theorists, like Mallove's missive, lays the blame for cold fusion's failure
> at the feet of MIT.
>
> (Yes Hagelstein's presence is another counter-example. If they can't even
> keep their own in line, how are we to believe they can suppress research
> all over the planet.)
>

>> (FYI, IIRC, Jed has said, repeatedly, that in his opinion there is no
>> conspiracy to suppress CF,
>>

> That's because "conspiracy theory" is usually code for crazy theory. He
> doesn't label it a conspiracy theory, but what he describes fits the bill.

* ``And let it be noted that there is no more delicate matter to take in
hand, nor more dangerous to conduct, nor more doubtful in its success, than
to set up as the leader in the introduction of changes.  For he who
innovates will have for his enemies all those who are well off under the
existing order of things, and only lukewarm supporters in those who might
be better off under the new.'' *

 Niccolò Machiavelli
*The Prince *
N. H. Thomson, translator
Dover Publications, Inc., New York, 1992, page 13.
Originally published by P. F. Collier & Son, New York, 1910.