I am not sure if it's relevant or what it's worth, but in the following
paper -

"Anomalous Nuclear Phenomena Assocoated with Ultrafast Processes"
www.iscmns.org/asti06/jianglaoshi2.pdf

- the authors speculate on whether "the concept of torsion field"
contributes to the LENR phenomena they observed in their experiments.