I think what we need to do is convince the world that the E-Cat works, and then
promote a peaceful uprising of the people to force the patent office to grand
Rossi's patents.

________________________________
 From: Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Congress cuts the Gordian knot of aviation patents in 1917

Robert Leguillon <robert.leguil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Due to the international nature of these patents, what do you predict today?

I know little about patents. My only prediction is that the people who deserve
a patent for the basic invention of cold fusion will not get one. Cold fusion
is essentially in the public domain. That is what intellectual property experts
have told me.

Would LENR be coopted by the IAEA or UN? Would there be a declaration of energy
as a "human right", and thus richer countries subsidizing the energy needs of
poorer nations?

I do not think that will be necessary. Cold fusion devices will be so cheap
that even people in the Third World will be able to purchase them, just as they
purchase automobiles and bicycles today. They also purchase large amounts of
kerosene for illumination. If they stop spending money on kerosene and gasoline
for automobiles and motorcycles, there will be plenty of money left over for
them to buy cold fusion devices instead. They pay much more for kerosene per
liter than we do. They pay thousands of times more per lumen for lighting than
we do.

I predict this problem will solve itself. However, the tangle of intellectual
property and the injustice against people such as Fleischmann will not be
solved except with deliberate government action. Governments and big industry
caused this problem in the first place by ignoring cold fusion for 22 years
despite conclusive evidence that it exists and it is a potential source of
energy. They caused the problem; let them fix it.

As for how the US citizens might pay our share of this, the amount of money we
will save by abolishing the Department of Energy and bankrupting Exxon will
easily pay for it. The money we will save in a single day will pay for it. The
20,000 lives we save per year by closing down the coal industry will pay for it
hundreds of times over. Add in the benefits from bankrupting Iran and reducing
military threats in the Middle East and the cost of compensating Fleischmann et
al. becomes a rounding-off error. Bankrupting Saudi Arabia will probably not
have any direct benefits for us other than schadenfreude.